The week’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Unnao case, one nation one ration card and Atal Community Innovation Centre among others.
1. The Supreme Court has order transfer of all 5 Unnao cases to which city’s court?
2. Who among the following was expelled by BJP for being the main accused in the Unnao case?
a) Sanjay Singh
b) Kuldeep Singh Sengar
c) BC Patil
d) Mahesh Kumutali
3. RN Ravi was recently sworn in as the Governor of which state?
4. Which among the following states does not fall under the one nation one ration card pilot project?
d) Andhra Pradesh
5. Delhi Government recently announced to provide free electricity to households consuming up electricity up to what power?
a) 100 units
b) 150 units
c) 200 units
d) 250 units
6. Which among the following nations announced one-month free visa on arrival to foreign nationals from nearly 50 nations?
a) Sri Lanka
7. Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Atal Community Innovation Centre in which city?
c) New Delhi
8. When is the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons observed globally?
a) 28th July
b) 29th July
c) 30th July
d) 31st July
9. The Shawala Teja Singh temple is now open for Hindus after 72 Years. Where is the temple located?
10. Which nation has offered to mediate between Bangladesh and Myanmar for early repatriation of Rohingyas?
1. (a) Delhi
The Supreme Court has directed the transfer of all five cases registered in connection to the Unnao rape incident from Uttar Pradesh court to Delhi court.
2. (b) Kuldeep Singh Sengar
The ruling BJP government expelled Unnao rape accused MLA Kuldeep Sengar on August 1, 2019. Kuldeep Sengar, a BJP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was accused of raping a minor girl from Unnao.
3. (d) Nagaland
RN Ravi was sworn in as the new Governor of Nagaland on August 1, 2019 at a function at Raj Bhawan in Nagaland’s capital city Kohima.
4. (a) Karnataka
One nation one ration card scheme was launched on Thursday on a pilot basis in four states- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The scheme will provide a major boost to the national food security government.
5. (c) 200 units
Delhi Government announced to provide free electricity to all Delhi households consuming 200 units of power or less every month. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal stated that households will get free lifeline electricity up to 200 units.
6. (a) Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka announced on Wednesday that it will give a one-month free visa on arrival to visitors from nearly 50 countries. The move is a part of its latest efforts to revive its tourism industry, which received a major hit after the Easter Sunday terror attacks that killed 263 people.
7. (c) New Delhi
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Atal Community Innovation Centre in New Delhi with an aim to encourage innovation at the community level through solution-driven design thinking.
8. (c) 30th July
The World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed across the world on July 30 with an aim to highlight that the human trafficking is a crime that exploits women, children and men across the world.
9. (b) Pakistan
Shawala Teja Singh Temple has been re-opened for Hindu devotees for the 1st time in 72 years since partition. The temple is located in Sialkot city of Pakistan and was sealed for last 72 years.
10. (d) Japan
Japan has offered to mediate between Bangladesh and Myanmar for early repatriation of the Rohingyas. This was decided after a meeting between Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen and his Japanese counterpart Taro Kono in Dhaka.